You *Call* Me a Liar, But You Don’t Mean It
I know, I know, you do mean it. You’d never say anything you don’t mean. (Ahem because that would make you a… liar?).
But I gotta say, after being called all kinds of dishonest yesterday, most of you turned around and said I was telling the truth in most of the crazy shenanigans I listed! I’m touched, really. Sort of. I think.
Here’s a recap:
1. I once ate squirrel I shot myself.
2. I used to live in Boston, Mass
3. I used to live in Paris, France
4. I used to be an all-star pitcher until I took a line drive to the face
5. I cannot juggle to save my life.
6. Unlike Abby Wood, I *have* spit off the Space Needle in Seattle!
7. Despite claiming to know romance, I’m still looking for Mr. Right.
Let’s take a look at these one-by-one.
1. Everyone thinks I’m some kinda Daniel Boon Wannabe and shoot and eat squirrels. I suppose there’s a compliment in there somewhere… as in, I’m a good enough shot to actually *hit* a moving squirrel with a loaded firearm (as opposed to, say, a moving Chevy Venture 7-passenger van. Did you know roadkill can get up into your ventilation system? But that’s a story for another day). LIE. I have neither shot nor eaten squirrel.
2. LIE. I have never lived in Boston, Mass, although I lived in Rhode Island most of my life.
3. LIE. I have never lived in Paris, France, although I lived in Rhode Island most of my life. And I did take four years of French in school, I can still say, “J’ai une maillot jaune” and “Qui est la Bibliotheque?”
4. TRUE! In the sixth grade I pitched on district sixth-grade all-star softball team and did indeed take a line drive to the face. Ruined my career in the big leagues. Another true story: The other day, the hub and the 5-year-old were in the yard playing swordball. That’s like baseball, only my reincarnated-medeival-knight son bats with his large nerf sword. I came out to watch for a moment, and at the first crack of the… sword, I flinched and turned away. I might even have yelped a little. Of course, the foam covered kiddie ball went about three feet, and I was twenty feet away. Don’t laugh. I’m sure the neighbors laughed enough for all of us.
5. LIE! Kaitlin was the only person who stood up for my jugggling ability, so she’s my new best friend. I CAN juggle to save my life. Mwahahaha!
6. LIE. I haven’t spit off the Space Needle. I’ve never even *been* to Seattle. Although I lived in Rhode Island most of my life.
7. LIE. I *have* found Mr. Right. He’s the inspiration for all my romantic heroes. I heart him.
So, the closest answer was Cassidy Hunter’s. She was still wrong (and she still thought I ate that nasty squirrel!) but she’s my winner!
And the Booby Prize goes to Sheila Stewart… who got them all 100% backwards. LOL! (Sheila, hon, if they ever contact you for jury duty, send them to me.)
And thanks everyone for playing! For those of you who were nominated… I’m watching you… 🙂